Image Source: Unsplash
Sadness, rejection, and disappointment are inevitable. We are going to experience some bad days once in a while in our lives. It is how we respond to it that matters.
To endure through the hard times in our lives, it is necessary to have a positive mindset. Positivity is what help us last. Here, I have compiled a list of positive image quotes and decided to share it with you guys:
1. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. – Abraham Lincoln
2. The mind is everything. What you think you become. – Buddha
3. The way you see the problem is the problem. – Stephen R. Covey
4. Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have.
All the positive quotes above convey a similar idea. How we perceive the things in our life matters a lot. Happiness is a choice, if you make up your mind to be happy, eventually you will be happy. In other words, what we think, we become. If we perceived the problem as a problem, then it is a problem. But, if we perceived it as opportunity, then it becomes a chance for us to shine. In short, if you want to be happy, you have to change the way you think. Embrace a positive mindset. And yes, it is true, there are plenty of people who live happily with less than what you have.
5. In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. – Dalai Lama
6. Positive anything is better than negative nothing. – Elbert Hubbard
7. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. – Helen Keller
8. You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events. – Joel Osteen
10. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. – Willie Nelson
11. You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. – Zig Ziglar
12. Positive thinking will let you use the ability which you have, and that is awesome. – Zig Ziglar
The positive quotes above all emphasize on a similar idea as well – be positive. Fill your mind with positive thoughts instead of negative one. Negative thinking will never make things better, will it?
When life gets hard, we must focus on the positive stuff. Instead of focusing on bad things, shift your attention to all the good things. Life will become a jumbled mess of good and bad things once in a while. We just have to fix it ourselves by focusing on the right thing – positivity.
13. No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again. – Buddha
14. Don’t close the book when bad things happen in your life! Just turn the page and start a new chapter! – LaToya Jackson
15. Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand-new day. – Zig Ziglar
16. It’s just a bad day. Not a bad life.
17. Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. – Mark Twain
Like the quotes before, the positive quotes above all send a clear and meaningful message. Let bygone be bygone. No matter how much suffering you have experienced in the past, it does not matter anymore. In the end, every day is a brand new day. Just because things did not go well today, it does not mean that the rest of your life will be ruined.
Yes, things may get worse, bad days may last longer than we thought, but in the end, we still have to believe that things will get better eventually. Miracles might happen anytime; we just have to believe.
18. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. – Oprah Winfrey
19. Take time to be kind and to say ‘thank you.’ – Zig Ziglar
20. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. – Mark Twain
Gratitude – that is the key lesson from all these positive and inspiring quotes. When is the last time you have genuinely thanked a person? Want to be happy? Start by making others feel the same way. Say thank you, even to the waiter that serves you, who knows? A simple “Thank you” might change the mood of one’s day.
Appreciation and gratitude are important aspects in order to be happy. Like what was mentioned in Mark Twain’s inspirational quotes, “The world owes you nothing”, you’re already luckier than most of the people. So, stop complaining about what you do not have and start appreciating about what you have.
Reading a few positive quotes does not guarantee you a happy day, but it does help us to shift our paradigm. By doing so, we are able to view things from a positive perspective. And that positive thinking alone is what we need during a bad day.